Each year Women in Technology WA (WiTWA) hosts the Tech [+] Awards as a way to shine a light on the diversity of women who work in tech roles and organisations in Western Australia. This event showcases the incredible talent of women in various technology industries.
There are currently four categories for people who identify as women in tech [+] in Western Australia:
- Tech [+] 20 – the 20 nominees who get the highest scores from the judging panel
- First Among Equals – highest score of all from judging panel
- Outstanding Youth Role Model – highest who is 25 or younger – does not have to be top 20
- Outstanding Regional Role Model – highest who is regional – does not have to be top 20
- People’s Choice – highest number of votes by the people/community
The lack of gender balance is not just a problem for women, so in 2020, WiTWA added a new award to shine a light on their allies. The Outstanding Allyship Award – open to anyone who does not identify as a woman.
If you would like further information on the WiTWA Tech [+] Awards or would like to nominate someone, please visit the WiTWA website.
Nominations close Sunday, August 8 2021, at 11:55pm AWST.
The WiTWA Tech [+] Awards Gala Night:
Date: Friday, 5 November 2021
Time: 7:00pm AWST
Please register your interest here.