As we approach the end of another year, we would like to thank our members for their invaluable support throughout 2019.
IAA faced a uniquely challenging and difficult year with the tragic loss of our General Manager Kellie Ireland. Her vision and dedication saw the Association achieve some great wins and we will continue to work on the projects she started and inspired.
Some of our highlights for 2019 include:
- Completing the first year of our social event program, Unplugged.
- Signing a contract to host APRICOT 2020 in Melbourne.
- Running the first in a series of free policy workshops to help members with regulatory compliance.
- Continuing to support the Internet community through our sponsorship of AusNOG and PeeringDB.
- Continuing to support NZIX with a new two-year agreement extension.
- Expanding our network with new points of presence in Canberra’s Next DC C1 and Sydney’s MacTel.
As we move into the new year, we will continue to build our events program and professional development opportunities, including more content-based events, such as our policy workshops. We will be integrating a new CRM system to increase engagement with members and the internet community; and we will be working to establish a new IX in Tasmania.
From everyone at IAA, we wish you a safe and joyful Christmas and New Year and look forward to an exciting 2020.